RCU Forums - View Single Post - GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Combat 20
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GEE BEE R3 RACER??WOW!!!

I am currently assemblying the Hobby Lobby Gee Bee R3. Very impressive ARF as far as construction and covering. Instructions are NOW okay. I emphasize NOW because the model comes with no instructions and the instructions that were initially provided online were an absolute joke. The current instructions (Hobby Lobby website) are marked NEW and have so far proven to to okay. Caution: when drilling holes for the landing gear struts, put a wheel collar on the drill bit to prevent it from drilling too far; as in through the top of the wing. Ensure the landing gear axles are aligned properly before attaching the struts to the model.

I will be powering mine with a Tower Hobbies .75 with a Pitts-style muffler. The Hobby-Lobby website led me to think the model was recommended for electric power, but I purchased the ARF with intentions of converting to glow. Upon receiving the model, I found that recommended glow engines ranged from .70 to .80 two-stroke or .90 to 1.2 four-stroke. I have completed steps for ailerons, wings, struts and wheel pants, horizontal stabilzer, and rudder. Presently deviating from instructions to install a "floor" in the canopy to add a pilot, instrument panel, and seat. If anyone has encountered any assembly problems, I would appreciate knowing.