RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Andyman004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread

I ran my MM/5700/maxamps 2s 7.4v with 105T spur and 31 tooth pinion and it was very quik. beat my friends 4 tecs off line and still had enough on top to hang for a decent run. They would beat me on top for sure with that set up in a big enough area, But I am geared WAY consevative.

I am runnin a 108 spur now with 34 pinion because my local shop was out of 105 spur. It seems almost the same as 105 31 combo. i like this combo for now because the size of the lot we bash in is too small for higher gearing. Its a smaller lot but the asphalt is perfect.

With a 105 / 43 you will need a good sized lot that is VERY smooth. Keep an eye on the motor temps too.....One thing I like about conservative gearing is how cool ESC and motor stay.

Personally I would buy an assortment of pinions starting at 30 and working your way up to 40 maybe in 2 tooth intervals. This way you can explore what works best for you.......plus you can gear it to the area or track which you are running.

FYI I also keep a VERY conservative setting on my MM ESC too. Timing is set below half way and it still hauls Azz.......cant wait to try the 7700 motor.....that should be interesting.