RCU Forums - View Single Post - Against duratrax??
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
jaywax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Against duratrax??

Dennis,

I had a Warhead Evo a while back and it ran pretty good on the track. I did not break any parts, just hated to work on it. That roll cage is a biatch to work around. That is my only beef with some MTs. The cage helps protect, but it makes it difficult to make simple changes. More companies should make there MTs like Losi and AE with the open chasis. Duratrax makes some pretty good vehicles. I have owned two of their trucks. You have to make some upgrades because they are RTR, but you have to do that with any RTR. Most high end kits need to have upgrades to run successfully. If not, why are there hundreds of option parts made? I'm not saying Duratrax has the quality of a high end kit, but in the right hands and some changes. I'm willing to bet that it can run against any vehicle on the market. I've seen Steven Dogget win truggy in a "stock revo". I've seen Chris Allison win A-main Expert buggy with a OS 18TZ in his Losi 8. Hell, Ryan Mayfield is doing the same thing with his RC8T that he was doing with the Kyosho and that is win. Driver ability has a lot to do with the success of the vehicle. I purchase my vehicles on the "eye ball" test. If I see it at the track doing well with regular drivers that have real crashes and not just an occassional traction roll than it gets my approval. I do not go by the magazines and pro drivers. They race under ideal conditions with other superior drivers.

My final word is this. Buy what you can afford and have fun. This hobby is a money pit and is more addictive than "crack". What other hobby has grown men arguing on who has the best "TOY"?