RCU Forums - View Single Post - I flew a new trainer this week!
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I flew a new trainer this week!

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Morning, Phil.

How goes it down there in NC? All is well here.. I think..

I am curious about your new trainer. I had a Hobbico Super Star trainer that I bought for a club trainer a year ago. Well, as fate would have it, it had an expiration date on it. So, I am looking for a replacement. Your Kadet EP sounds like a possibility.

What radio did you use in it? .... never mind.. I saw Spektrum, so you already answered that question.

I have the DX7 and was thinking of getting one of their new 6i systems so it would buddy box up with my DX7.

How much does the plane weight (approximate)?

I have a couple of the 1320 LiPO's as well as a couple of 2100 mah LiPo packs.

What brushless motor did it come with?

Thanks.

Dick.
Good evening! I am on night shift this week so I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

The weight is low... Maybey about 24 oz. and the motor is an el' Cheepo out runner maybey about 1.25 inches diameter and an 18 amp speed control. The motor has the following numbers on it: BM-2410-09 So, if that means anything to you It will fly beyond 10 minutes with the 1320 mah batteries. I am flying it with a JR 9303 2.4 Ghz system but I will be using a DX6I for the buddy box, it came with a used EFlight Blade 400 I bought for $260 I will warn you that the DX6I just feels cheep in my hands. It also only uses 4 AA batteries for power and I have not yet explored the possibility of putting rechargable batteries or a 4 cell rechargable pack in it. Look on the classifieds here. I have seen where people are selling DX6I's for $75 for the Tx only. Probably Blade 400 owners that just linked there receivers to there DX7's or better.