RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Beater Builds Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 11:45 PM
chippythekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Beater Builds Thread

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

Well I did another run on my E-Maxx today after fixing the stripped rear pinion gear, and finally, after over 11 hard months of running, bashing, carnage, and alot of fun, THE TITAN 550 MOTORS ARE FINALLY BURNING UP!!!! They started making an odd smell, according to Takedown, that is the smell of the windings frying, so I am going to run this truck again and again on almost burnt up motors until smoke comes rolling out from under the body. And yes, I will get a video when the smoke comes rolling out from under the body.
I think the best way to describe the smell is it is the smell of burning peanuts. Which btw is a terrible smell. And I wouldn't risk overheating the ESC or battery by doing that. I screwed up a plug doing that and put our best battery out of commission until today when we switched to deans plugs. And it doesn't smoke much at all, and if your still set on doing this at least like spray some wd40 or something in there to make a show of it, but have a fire extinguisher handy. lol. And I am not liable for any damages to your car if you do that.