RCU Forums - View Single Post - New JETT 60LX LINER PEEL
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
liquid_TR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JETT 60LX LINER PEEL

Well this is a first probably.. Liner peel on a Sport Jett engine.

I bought my SJ60LX about 2 months ago directly from jett engineering. sent to a friend in US, and he brought it to me here in Turkey.

Engine is pretty new, under 2 gallons of fuel. It was obviously test run in the factory before I started it up for the first time, which there were small castor oil burn marks here and there on the muffler.

Ive got alot of experience with hi performance 2 stroke engines - but nevertheless I read the break-in instructions and normal operation instruction just in case and followed them to the word.
Its been spinning a 10x6 APC prop under 18k rpm - at which point I made a decesion to pull it apart and see if something was wrong.

the macro on my old camera stinks. I cant get a good clear focused close up. this is the best shot I could take.

break-in prop: 9x6
normal prop: 10x6
fuel: 15% Omega with extra klotz 200 added. (19% total oil)
plug: OS No:3, OS No:8
original head shim added to lower compression.
I checked the liner alignment via exhaust port before - so there is no problems there.

When I pulled it apart, I immediately saw a small, straight and very obvious scuffing on the piston first.
I then checked the exact position of the scuffing on the liner and saw the peeled area just above mid exhaust port.
why do you reckon this happen?

This engines runs fine even with that peel but Im afraid it might continue to flake.
Im reluctant to send the engine or the parts back to jett engineering as the international shipping charges back and forth will cost alot.

So what should I do?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67995.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1012055