RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flight Trimming Issue:
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Trimming Issue:

Hi Guys and Guru's,

I have a Typical Viper set up for Q-500 racing with a Thunder Tiger Pro.40. My problem is a trim issue. The Stab, Wing and Engine inciences are all set as per spec (at Zero I believe). When I fly at half throttle all control surfaces are pretty close to nuetral trim and the plane flies OK. When I go to full throttle then the plane wants to dive. A cosiderable amount of up elevator is added via trim, close to 1/8th of an inch of UP elevator. Now the plane flies great, straight and level. When I go back to half throttle the plane wants to climb now. Of course if I take out the up elevator I added to get it to fly straight at full throttle, but it dives again when the throttle is brought to wide opem again. Whats going on here guys any suggestions. Everything looks good. What should I look for? Lets say I was off in my incidence measurements somewhere., where would you suggest I look? Down Thrust, maybe?

Any info, suggestions and help will be much appreciated. We raced up here in Ellington CT. 2 weeks ago and on Sunday and I took first place in the standard class. I could imagine how much better I could do if I was 'nt fighting the plane so much each heat.

Thanks

Ed