RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Truggy.....
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
dhyde79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Truggy.....

I figure the truggy board is the place to ask this, I'm looking for a truggy (just rolling chassis, don't want motor or electronics, as I'll take care of all of that myself) would prefer 1/8th scale if possible, and want something that I can beat to death that isn't going to crap out on me if I wreck it. I've got a Savage right now that I'm in the process of converting to brushless, and that thing's been a tank since the day I bought it, WOT run on an LRP .28 Spec3 into a cement post on the side of a loading dock and all it did was crack the lower A arm and bend that dogbone. Looking for something that'll take at least CLOSE to that much abuse. I was looking at the Hellfire or 8ight-T but, have heard lots of people complain about the diffs on the losi, and from what it seems, there isn't a whole lot of aftermarket product support for the Hellfire. (not to mention I'm having a tough time locating one new in box, let alone as a stripped roller)

what're you guys' opinions? I know brand loyalty is very strong, and when it boils down to it, I don't have much to speak of, whatever I get, will get the nitro motor ripped out (if it has one in it) and will get converted to brushless with the Mamba Monster Max combo and will be primarily for bashing, but, I want it to be race capable so that if/when I start trying to go play at the local track, I have something that can hang with the pack.