RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Truggy.....
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 06:21 AM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a Truggy.....

ORIGINAL: dhyde79

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: dhyde79

ok, currently I'm tossing it up between the ST1, the Hellfire, and the Hyper ST-Pro.......
Dude, you are willing to take a Hellfire, or a ST-1 over a K8T! Dang! The ST-Pro is a great truggy but a little on the heavy side and are plagued with brake problems but tough as nails (I had one). Hellfire is just a plague LOL! WAY OVERPRICED and a ton of design flaws according to most of its owners. The ST-1 is supposed to be a tough truggy but a little short and narrow compared to todays truggies and also does not come with a wing or wing mount and is supposedly discontinued so parts will be getting scarce in awhile.

oh, also, as far as bragging up the K8T, I read most of the "official K8T" thread and it seems to me that you've gotten that thing as far from stock as my savage is, the problem being, my savage would have taken everything it'll take now when it was stock, my parts changes have been for convenience, not for durability or making it work the way it should.
Far from stock, SHOW ME!!! I am not bragging anything. I know 100% it is better than a hellfire, I also know from people I have sold K8T's that had thunder tigers, it is way better in their opinion and there thunder tigers sit on the shelf now and one even described their ST-1 as a "flying brick" compared to the K8T. I just suggested you to take a good look at it since you wanted a roller but are bringing up pricing now for a RTR and complaining about what radio and servos when you just wanted a roller. That is basically what you get with the K8T KIT, "a roller" Any truggy you will get you will do a couple things to it. My K8T is ALL stock except for a fuel tank!! I never new changing a fuel tank make my car more durable. Every part on the thing is Caster except for a fuel tank. Try that with a Hellfire, you will by enough upgrades on a hellfire to build another truggy! Check out all the mods people do to the ST-1, more than K8T. Also yes I have captured hinge pins, my choice and anybody on anything would say a good choice if you are racing, captured steering rod ends, the same. Do both NEED to be done? NO just like on your savage, for convenience. They could have been left alone but I chose not too.