RCU Forums - View Single Post - Burn Ban-Texas
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Burn Ban-Texas

Sean, we do have to ask for permission. Most turbine flyers do not go to the monthly meetings (myself included). We were not there when the club members unanimously decided to proceed with the burn ban and t create the new rules. We should have been there to present our point and defend our rights (if we have any). That was really our bad. Are we going to start going to the club meetings?………even after all this crap probably not. So we will be at the club’s mercy sort of, unless we start going to the meetings.
One thing we can do…….membership to the club is fully optional. It is a public field. We may choose not to pay club dues anymore, but we still have to follow their rules. That’s the agreement they have with the Core. I was told it was the Core who requested the turbine burn ban. Hard to believe, but I assume that the Club Prez is telling the truth.

Regardless of whatever the rest of the jet flyers do, I will not argue with the club leadership. Especially when I never go to the club meetings. I will try to persuade them instead. They are good people. The field is 10 minutes away from my home, the other clubs are at least 1 hour away. When I’ve lost jets in the tall grass before, a lot of people have helped me to go retrieve it. When I fly, most pilots land so I can have more space.
I am willing to accept this whole burn ban situation. And I will avoid being on bad terms with my club directive at all cost. In the end, if they decide to ban turbines permanently, I would still most likely fly props there every weekend and talk crap with fellow members.