RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Beater Builds Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Beater Builds Thread

Well, its been a long time since I have posted an update about my E-Maxx, so while its down for a couple weeks, I might as well post a good long update.

Over the past couple weeks I haven't done too much to my Maxx, but in the next 3 weeks or so, it will see several new upgrades.

Recent upgrades include-

Installed RC-Monster steel idler gears in the transmission.

And installed the brushed Great Planes Electrify S-600 motors.

With the S-600 motors, it was going probably 35 + MPH easily. There was a huge boost in torque, but most noticeably the speed. But now for the bad news....... with only 1 capacitor that is included soldered on each motor, there was alot of glitching about half way through the run....... And now for the worse news...... the stock yellow EVX2 ESC (its the same as the one on the new E-Maxx except its not waterproof) fried on only the second run with the S-600's.

And since the ESC fried, I will be getting brushless for sure in a couple of weeks. I will be running a Mamba Max, probably a Medusa V2 Afterburner 36-60 2000 Kv motor, and 12 cells Ni-MH or 4S Li-Po. Should hit about 40 MPH with lots of torque and low temps.

And in the mail now, are a set of 4 front OFNA Ultra LX Comp buggy shocks! These 4 shocks are quite a bit bigger than the Traxxas Big Bores, they are full aluminum, threaded body, alot beefier, and look really cool too! The advantages of the 4 buggy shock setup vs. 8 MT shocks is less weight, a smoother feel to the suspension, more tunable and more easily tuned, stronger, and better looks! Here is a link to those shocks - [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OFNA-ULTRA-LX-ONE-1-Shocks-Front-Set-MBX-COMP-OL34_W0QQitemZ140254305964QQihZ004QQcategoryZ34061 QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262]OFNA Ultra LX Shocks[/link]

Once I get the shocks and put them on I will be sure to get some pictures!