Thread: Bridi Big Bee
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 07:10 PM
ANeat
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bridi Big Bee

Thanks for the kind words everyone
Blackhawk; Sheldons still has them listed on their website. I went to "Hot Deals" and then "airplane kits" If all else fails call them.

Roger; Yes I had planned on leaving the tips square. The wood that was included in the kit was 1/4" lite ply and I really didnt want that hanging out there. I like the "square" look better on a symetrical airfoil anyway. I just put an extra layer of 1/8 balsa on the tips to keep the tip ribs from bowing in when I cover it.
Im familiar with the splates, I noticed them on your Big Bee. Ive had them on a couple planes over the years. I always thought they gave a plane that bush plane look

A couple of problems that I will have to address. The ailerons are one big piece of balsa and of course I have one that has taken a pretty bad "bannana" shape to it so I may rip it down into strips and do some built up ailerons instead.
The wire gear supplied is made up of two 1/4" music wire pieces. A front and a back piece, well it looks like I got 2 back pieces and no fronts so I will have to do some re-bending to get that fixed.
Adam