RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf

About the DX5e,

No, the DX5e does not have any model memory, but that doesn't mean you can only fly one model with it. You can bind many receivers to the transmitter and use the same transmitter to fly multiple aircraft. The trick is that you won't have a computer memory storing all your trim settings, servo reversing, or mixing selection. It wasn't so long ago that everybody was subject to this restriction!

What you do in this case is, after flying each model and trimming it with the trim levers, you mechanically adjust all the linkages in your aircraft so that you can center or zero-out the trim levers on the transmitter. If you do this with all your models, and get lucky with installations that all have the servo reversing switches going the same way, you will have a minimum amount of trim adjustment required each time you switch to a new model.

I flew one of our test models again last night for the first time since before SEFF, and to me, it's 99% the airplane that the T-28 is. Very light, rock-solid stability, very honest flight characteristics out of the box. We have set the cg a little forward for some tastes just to make sure it's as solid as it can be for the less-experienced pilot. It grooves very well. It is a taildragger, so people will have to get used to that if they haven't flown one before. Other than that, to me it's pure fun.