RCU Forums - View Single Post - "GUY BORDELON F4U-5N"{1/4 scale, XXL Corsair Kit}.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 AM
mR JoLLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "GUY BORDELON F4U-5N"{1/4 scale, XXL Corsair Kit}.

I don't know about "fun" but insignia I find tends to give the biggest step forward bringing it to life as it were.

Graham, as you know I have been looking out for info on Guys aircraft. It is difficult to find quality information that can be verified, but I think we are almost there. Some people may be looking at the marks thinking there is an error with the blue and white stripe in the stars & bars. Well I found an original picture of the aircraft that has not been listed before on this thread and it clearly shows the colour separation.

The standard white text of the aircraft was "toned down" with a wash of pale blue to make the markings less visible at night. It looks like there was a strip of white close to the red bar that was deliberately masked off to retain some of the original colour.

The nose art of Anne-Mo is finished, but the biggest challenge was the little "Team Dog" motif just forward of the cockpit. Very little to go on except a very grainy picture. I welcome any help form the USA if anybody has a good sharp reproduction or indeed original picture of the badge! Pictures . . . .

Nigel
[link=http://www.flightlinegraphics.co.uk]www.flightlinegraphics.co.uk[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42807.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1020319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52155.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1020320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24693.jpg