RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Hunter850
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B

Hey Cobra, I have had mine for sometime and I am finally getting around to the build.

I installed a towerpro A24-09-18 1000kv/180w and a 25amp towerpro esc from Hobby City.

Actually I bought everthing I needed from them to complete the build.

I used 3 X 18 inch Servo extensions. 2 for the Alierons and one for the ESC. I mounted mine in the back and ran the extension up forward through the fuse. You will need a
Y- connector as well.

I changed the wheels to 2 1/2 inch foam. Had to make a new front landing gear as the one I got had a coil into it and would not let me add a larger wheel. I fly in fairly rough terrain at times.

Changed my wings so they are removable using the ideas posted earlier.

Pretty crappy instructions, sure glad papajeff did a build thread. I also think they changed the model a bit because when I cut out underneath of the wing mounts it was just covering and no wood, as well as the front landing gear.

Anyone doing this with no experience and just using the manual would be in a bit of problem.

Also my fuse did not have cutouts for the servo wire to exit from the wings. Quick fix with a sharp #11.

As far as the esc to lipo I used what I had on hand and it is very close to the battery leads at the esc. 24 inch would give you plenty.

Kevin