RCU Forums - View Single Post - ECU Burn-out problem
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: ECU Burn-out problem

Not sure exactly what is causing your problems, but I have a few suggestions based on your photos. I wouldn't group the pumps and ECUs together like you have it. I would have tried to isolate the components along the side wall of the fuse going to each turbine. If you have the original 6 cell batteries I would try those. Are you trying to regulate the A123s? For the propane valves, I took those out of my jets a long time ago. I hook mine up when I start the turbine via a 4mm Festo fitting. I like to hold the can and gently shake it during start-up so that the propane feeds the turbine better (just my little technique). You may also need to nudge the electric starter on the turbine to improve the o-ring grab on the compressor nut to get better rpm ramp-up. Your com cables are grey, normally they are black. Did you get those from JetCat? I would dump the I/O boards too, you can just leave the com cables connected to the ECUs and hook them up directly to the GSU. One last thing, I would try a totally different receiver just to see if there's any difference in the start-up. Just my 2 cents.