RCU Forums - View Single Post - ECU Burn-out problem
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:24 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: ECU Burn-out problem

Thanks Airforce. I had the same problem with the original JetCat 6 cell Nicads and I switched to the A123's (unregulated) on the suggestion that the extra amps might help the situation (but did not). I have also replaced my homemade (gray) data cables in those pictures with some JetCat custom length ones (also no help).

I like your suggestion to eliminate the IO boards. Any electrical component I can get rid of is one less potential source of the problem.

Just curious as to what the advantage is of separating the ECU's and pumps. The only connection between the two systems is the throttle channel which is connected via a "Y" cord (which I have now switched to 2 separate outputs from the rx). I have noticed that the problem usually occurs when the first engine is running and I'm trying to start the second, so maybe there is some sort of interaction.

Whatever the case, something is causing a serious electrical spike in a specific part of the ECU and it seems the electrical guru's could come up with an explanation/fix.

Thanks Again,

Craig