RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

ok this is what i do to mesh the gears. i mount the engine with no locktight and with the screws loose. i then put a thin piece of paper between the spur and cb. then move the engine to make the gears contact, push a decent amount, make it snug. then holding the engine right where it is tighten the screws under the chassis. Then pull the piece of paper out, it should be folded like an acordian but it shouldnt tear. then put the car on the ground and push it back and forth, or do it in the air, it should roll smoothly with no binding. then i put a screwdriver on the spur from the left side of the car and the move the clutchbell. there should be a little bit of play in the gears, a small amout, if i had ot guess maybe like just under a mm or so. if there is no play redo it and make it looser, if there is too much play redo it and make it tighter. then once the mesh is set right take one screw out at a time and locktight it, and put it in and do the same with the next 3. you get used to it the more you do it, but thats what i do and ive had my spur for months now and have gone through probably a gallon and half, and the spur is still in great shape

edit: pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76688.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1022003