RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 10:00 AM
littleleon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Tamiya TA05 Thread

I just wanted to report, that we've just finished our yearly 24h charity race. The entry cost all goes to charity.
I couldn't race my 05 for the entire time, being a family man and all, but I did get a fair amount of time in.
My TA05R is now fitted with the Kawada Carbon Conversion and I've gotta say, I'm so happy with this car now. It handles great when you get it sorted and it's pretty tough.

The only hassles I had were I had to replace the bulkhead on the front because of a fairly major head-on, the hole for the screw that holds the camber rod became warped, replace the spur gear because I, somehow, got a screw caught between the gear and the bottom of the chassis... that was interesting. Oh, and my batteries kept falling out sideways after a slight shunt... I know I could drive better, but I'm going to have to do something about it. The difference between the Kawada battery holders and a Yokomo battery tray is huge. There really is very little holding the batteries in from the side.... just a slight hitch.

The race was eventually won by an M03 I think.. With a swift body. The guy had completed 3600 odd laps in the 24 hours. The next guy was 3400 with a yokomo tourer so it was fairly close.

As for equipment, most of the people used one motor and one set of tires. Oh, and one guy was running a DF03 buggy... now that was interesting. He decided to start jumping over the corners rather than around them. All in the name of fun.

So now I'm off to strip down the diffs and rebuild them. Clean and regrease everything.. and make sure I haven't broken anything else.

OH, and work out how I'm going to pay for the aluminium bulkheads :| hmmmmmmm

Can't wait for next year...