RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A society
Thread: 1/2A society
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
tangerine-jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A society

Planebuilder, there is nothing wrong with this forum, in fact it is a great tool for all of us. We don't always agree on everything and that can be good, but the society was not thought up as a result of any disatisfaction from the forum, rather as a logical step in the preservation of the hobby. The 1/2A society would be able to generate more of a public interest in our archaic sport in the form of newsletters, mall shows, table space at the NATS etc. With enough members it would be possible (in theory) to convince a manufaturer to produce glow engine reproductions or other useful items. If nothing else we can have a place to preserve artifacts, information and history of 1/2A and maybe a cool t-shirt or hat.

The name for the group is important, as well as the scope of which engines will count as being a "true" 1/2A. These things should be decided upon fairly early as it will set the tone for much else to come. Havng a nod from the AMA is important, I would very much like to have a "legit" stamp and oversight of the organization by a recognized and respected body.

There is much work to do before the organization goes online, but as I stated before I am willing and able to do what is required, but due to my work schedule and frequent travel I cannot hold an executive position. I can organize events, make contacts and perhaps even put together a newsletter, these things I can do even when I am on the road.

I see no reason why it will not work.