RCU Forums - View Single Post - Show Off Your Ride!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:59 AM
kwiktsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show Off Your Ride!!!

I am actually in Milford, PA right now- I changed it in my profile, but it still says Albany [sm=confused.gif].

Lol- I should have said "daily driver when there was no snow on the ground" . Even then, as long as the roads were clear and not too salty/muddy (they used a lot of sand/dirt/pebbles here this past winter !), I'd take it out for a cruise here and there. It did stay garaged most of the winter though. It was perfectly tame to drive, but I didn't like it getting all dirty and salty, especially since I had other cars to drive. With snow tires though, I'm sure it would have been fine (turbos only make power when you are on it, it cruised 100% stock ). I drove it up until the snow fell, then the Jimmy or my G6 (sold as well) was used. I work from home, so there was no commuting or anything just used whenever I had to go somewhere.

I was just getting at the fact that it was dead reliable and driven all the time, not some finicky, troublesome car. Heck, I had that, my 911 and an 06 G6 GTP at the same time- I even took the G6 to FL and back yet still put more miles on the GTO that year than the 911 and G6 combined lol. I gotta try to find my in-car videos from that car. They are pretty crappy unexciting (speedometer only), but you can see how fast the speedometer climbs and hear it break the wheels loose at about 110mph in one of them .