RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:29 PM
phoenix426

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone f4U Corsair Rtf

ORIGINAL: RTice

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt

...and to me, it's 99% the airplane that the T-28 is.
Hi David:
I have to ask, what is the 1% difference?

I am looking at either the T-28 or the F4U, and one of the deciding factors is which one is easier to fly...which one has more forgiving flight (and takeoff & landing) characteristics. It appears that the major differences are the wing shape and the landing gear. Which combo is more forgiving for a "green" pilot.

Any thoughts?

Rob

I wouldn't pick either for a "green" pilot.
I have seen the T-28 fly and it's not for a beginner in my opinion.
If you've flown some and feel comfortable with a high wing trainer type plane, then you're probably ok with either one.
If not, go with a Super Cub or a Cessna 182 or something similar.

If you are taking off and landing from a paved surface, then I would go with the T-28 because it has the more forgiving tri-cycle landing gear.
If you are flying at a grass field, then either plane will be fine because you'll want to remove the gear and install the skids for belly landing on the grass.
I don't think the landing gear on either one of these planes will handle grass very well.
The new F4U has a better radio (in my opinion) than the T-28. The F4U has the Spektrum DX5e vs. the T-28's Futaba 72mhz FM radio.
If it comes down to the choice of which is the better package with looks, hardware, etc... then I'd pick the F4U.

Hope this helps.