RCU Forums - View Single Post - Going Slow is The Way To Go - Tamiya CR-01 Resource Thread!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
860Crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going Slow is The Way To Go - Tamiya CR-01 Resource Thread!

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a few months as I've been looking to get back into the RC game after like 15 years. My last RC was a Traxxas Bullet, old school with the gold chassis that copied the RC-10 haha! I remember we used to have so much fun back in the day, my best friend Kevin had a Pegasus and a Big Brute and my friend Bill had more RCs than I can imagine, he was into Tamiya mostly. We'd just set up crazy tracks and obstacles and make the monster trucks float in the creek haha! Well, today i picked up a CR-01 along with a Spektrum DX3.0 and Hitec 645MG servo at my LHS. Man, Tx and speed controls sure have changed! The Rx seems so tiny too! I also ordered up a Novak Rooster Crawler & charger and some odds and ends from Tower a few days ago. I wasnt sure of battery run times nowadays so i picked up two batteries, a 6 cell 3000mAh NiMh and a compact 6 cell Elite 1500mAh NiMh. There's something else, I dont remember batteries being NiMh, they were NiCd, 15-20 minutes and you were done!

I'm sure it will be pretty slow going as I get reaquainted with building and all the parts. Looking forward to diving in and building though! All the pics in this thread have been a real inspiration and the crawling aspect has really intrigued me, looks like a cool challenge. Already took pictures of the boxes of my new stuff, such a nerd! No need to post my build updates as you guys got that covered, good tips too!

-Nick