RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wing Loading
Thread: Wing Loading
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2002, 05:18 AM
Fighterpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rivets on AT-6

Guys the panel lines were placed on the aircraft after painting with a fine Sharpie permanent marking pen, the rivets were then placed along the panel lines, wing ribs, and bulkheads using silver Tulip Paint. The model was then painted with a urathane clearcoat. You can purchase this paint in many different colors from either a local craft shop or Wal-mart. It is the acrylic that ladies use to mark on clothing. It comes in small plastic squeeze bottles with a nozzle tip. It really makes the job quite easy and goes pretty fast. I've been able to find all the colors used on the AT-6. I still cannot find a color close to olive drab. I've even done an airplane after it was clearcoated and amazingly the rivets are still in place. The stuff really adheres to almost anything. If you make a mistake and don't like a rivet or rivet grouping, you simply wipe them off with a wet cloth. Once they are dry, they are stuck. In the pictures posted, you really can't see the rivet lines very well, but they really do show up and accent the paint scheme.
Thanks for the compliments.