RCU Forums - View Single Post - EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects
Old 09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

Crash ~

On your EXI-450 fuselage above, and all the many others you have built and constructed, what paints do you use for your application ? I think I heard you say before that you scuffed it up with 400 grit sandpaper, and then used a primer with a white base coat and then applied your final coat of whatever color, but was wondering what you used exactly ? And where do you order it ?

I've never painted any of the plastics before on my Cars, or heli's except once and that was last year with my CX2 Xtreme canopy that I had purchased from Boomtown Hobbies. I'am not sure what type of plastic it is, but I think it was polycarbonate or something like that.... It's held up through massive scratches and has done well with the paint you see in the pics below, that I had acquired from my LHS. The window tint worked great, and the silver was my choosing for the final application. I prepped it very well however, as that is more important than the painting itself I believe... I scuffed it also, and flashed it very quickly with acetone and a mild dish soap to make sure the application would adhere well.

I even used the silver to paint the fins, and after a year still no scratches or anything, but also.... Prepped it very well and flashed the pieces with acetone carefully....

Any info would be appreciated... Thanks in advance,

~ Jeff

BTW....... lohchief, if your out there anywhere I love your fuselage in the pic above ! VERY nice.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79583.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1029064   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44525.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1029065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60969.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	42.7 KB