RCU Forums - View Single Post - EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects
Old 09-08-2008, 11:57 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXI-450 discussions/mods/scale projects

ORIGINAL: lohchief

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

ORIGINAL: noobflyer01

its identical to the trexsa. butt cheek to butt cheek. only differences are the the exi has full metal swash and washout plus metal head button. even the main gear on the exi is better than trex. it has the removeable screw type one way bearing hub.
I bought a few sets of Align skids for my MX-400 and HBKII's, these on the EXI-450 seem a little flimpsey compared to the Align sets I've been buying. HDX-450 skids are also awsome, and they look great.
What skids did you run on the 58? I agree the exi skids suck.I don't think the superskids are going to look right on the 58,maybe I'm wrong.I was thinking about trying the microheli low profile skids.They have a nice shape to them.
-george
George....the 58 is a "sky-pig" and the stock EXI skids are just too flimpsey for this scaler, I use stock Align black skids....hit 'em with OD. I have to order a couple new sets of Align for the 57 and the 58. In cold, the EXI's will shatter immediately on a semi-hard landing. I'm still running 60's and 70's here, so I'm good for a couple weeks more.