RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Ultra Stick
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 03:59 PM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Ultra Stick

"The Price Increases are Coming.....The Price Increases are Coming!....."

I hate to be the Pricing Paul Revere but..........did anyone see the new pricing through Horizon on the MUS? Someone had tipped me of to the increase on RCG

I have posted a similar point on the MPXT page since many of us fly that plane too

Essentially a 30% increase in price now with the cost going from $99.99 at my LHS on existing stock (mirrors Horizon pricing) to the new prices posted on Horizon's website of ............$129.99......

$30 upcharge on the MPXT too......Now $139.99

I know costs go up and increases in costs are a norm but American's get out the pitch forks and torches when pharmaceutical prices go up 5%. The next time you are looking at your MUS......take a good stare at it and attempt to guess the price of it based on the parts....

Don't get mad about this massive price increase......Just tell yourself that the $30 is going to the workers.......

I was just looking at my 2 year old MUS that I have repaired many times after high speed ground kisses and considering picking up a new one when the backorder had cleared and stock arrived at the LHS. Now, I am seriously considering how much balsa and basswood sheeting you can buy for $30..... I now think the crinkled cigarette look mine has is a proud badge of courage

The MUS is still less expensive than the MPXT and in my mind E Flite just moved that product off my pricing tolerance chart (relative to similar size products within that class).

Only time will tell as to how the increases will affect sales of these products or the other ones affected by the $30 increase on new stock. My concern is they are really big and have a better ability to manage economies of scale than the more "boutique" products from smaller companies. The price gap between E Flite, GP and smaller operations is reduced with an increase like this and I now see some planes listed at $199.99 from a smaller player as "more within reach" since I am already going to get boned on the brand I have supported for a long time now.

I know the guys from E Flite read these posts and I hope the "reflexive" answer just doesn't come back to the standard "cost of shipping, fuel, etc" because those are known and I see nothing on the website as this 30% being a temporary surcharge to be reduced as Oil costs come back down.

Dear E Flite.....I like the MUS product but I am going to send you a letter with a tea bag stapled to it. You are not "minding the gap" when it comes to the pricing breakpoint between picking up your box and going somewhere else.

[sm=punching.gif]