RCU Forums - View Single Post - 101" C-130 arf
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 101" C-130 arf

Well we test flew the C-130 a couple of weeks ago..take-offs and flights were excellent..landings were something else..was coming in 'Too Hot" to have a decent landing..The video of it is on here:
www.rcuvideos.com when you get the web site, click on "Playlists", then click on "Most viewed this week" then look for "Maiden Flight Of a Giant Scale C130".....had 2 flights on it...Have to add weight to the nose..too much down trim to make it fly level...no correction as far as left and right goes..have O.S. 40's- 4 strokes inboard, and Saito 30's -4 strokes out board..since then, have added brakes (Which this model needs), and will fly it again this coming week end, provided the weather is nice Forecast calling for rain....

Look at the video and enjoy...I sure did.....One thing I did notice...it has a high sink rate on landing.,.this could probably be because of coming in to hot...have to keep my eyeballs open on this ..Am a VERY HAPPY CAMPER............................

One more note here..Thanx to my helpers, John and Roger..If it wasn't for them,I would of been a nervous wreck..Many thanx to both of you...........................