RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1:16 scale Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.G
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 09:29 PM
darkith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1:16 scale Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.G

So, I received my Stug from RCcommand on Thursday, and I'm quite impressed by it. Good detail, parts that aren't glued on, spare track pieces, etc. Not perfect, as the elevation on my tank gets stuck at the top and needs an ever-so-slight touch to get over the hump and cycle back down...probably an interfering wire of piece or molding flash somewhere.

Haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, as my 1 year old daughter starts crying when I even pickup the tank when she's around. Have to work on that...maybe she prefers allied armor?
But I did record the IR signal into a learning remote so that I could experience the hit wiggle and death waggle for myself. Heh.
I also played back the IR signal to my oscilloscope and confirmed that Heng Long's signal is quite different from the Tamiya/DBC signal. The bit rate is way slower, the bit pattern is different, and there's a gap between repeats whereas the Tamiya signal is back-to-back for the full second.

Couple of other interesting observations:
The tank fires the IR signal even without the HBU plugged in.
The high pitch PWM noise from the ESC seems more noticable to me.
The flash and recoil are somewhat out of sync.
The tank seems a little zippier and quicker to super-spin, perhaps due to the FETs passing higher volts.

Hope to tear into it and take a poke around the RX18 board this weekend, maybe post instructions and pics on hooking up the DBC to this board.

Cheers,
David