RCU Forums - View Single Post - Houston - Are you there ?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Houston - Are you there ?

Got back from Galveston at about 6:30 - luckily they've got a curfew so we get kicked out every night. You get arrested on site. There are hundreds and hundreds of cops swarming the area.

Death toll will climb, but I bet it's going to be in the hundreds at the very worst - there aren't dead bodies strewn about or anything like that. BUT, there is floatsom debris piled up higher than my car. Entire marinas layed up on the highway - just bizarre. The hospital took it pretty hard, but could be worse. Most buildings (we have about 110 of them) got something like 3-5 feet of saltwater, but surprisingly little wind damage. But, the whole place smells of low tide with that Mississippi delta mud. And don't get me started about the HAZMAT cleanup....

Well, back to work tomorrow - I get to start with the ground floor morgue, whose walk-in refrigerators belched out their contents...then on to cleaning up the hazardous materials labs.. What a job.

I'll try to get some of the video I sot out, uh but not of our clean-up.

BTW - getting away from this business and blowing off steam talking to friends about other matters or getting on RCU is good therapy to return normality.