RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 09-16-2008, 08:46 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

Happy birthday. I hit 41 in August.

I'm my prior So builds I used a carbon tube in the fuse from nose to tail and the fuse always survived well. Might be a good time to cover the weak points for any newbies to this thread...

On a crash the plane likes to break at the booms right at the trailing edge of the wing, the H-stab likes to seperate from the booms unless you attach it with carbon or something, and the fuse likes to break threw the wing. The way I usualy strengthen these areas is with a "carbon skeleton". Two carbon tubes in the wing near front and back and to the wing tips for the fuse glue to stronger. Carbon tubes in the booms crossing these wing tubes and going to the tail ends of the booms. Flat carbon across the leading and trailing edge of the H-stab and also crossing the carbon tubes in the booms. A carbon tube from nose to tail in the fuse. I also put some flat carbon once on top of the fuse which crossed the wing tubes and that really made it strong there. Using thin balsa Gorilla glued onto the bottoms of the booms and fuse is a good and cheaper way to strengthen them that carbon as well.