RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Byron F-16 Build
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Electric Byron F-16 Build

ORIGINAL: CastorTroy2150

Thanks, Does this mean that if I can find a F16 byron I should scoop it up? I know of one but it has fixed gear and a Nitro ducted fan, I could convert it to Electric, but how hard was it for you to get all the old paint off? Anyone know how hard it would be to convert to take retracts like ya'lls?

Ahhh, mine still has fixed gear! and it had a nitro engine in it too. by the time i sold the original engine and tuned pipe, i paid next to nothing for the model! I'm currently seaching for what i want to ue for retracts but i can get the original retract brackets for $23 USD each from Iron bay. there is also another option i might be able to use.

50% of my paint flaked off but that all depends on who painted it and if they knew what they were doing. If they have, then you can just rought it back with some 240 grit followed by some 400 or so, and then paint over the top. i had to remoev mine because i knew the original paint was poorly applied ( didn't prepare the surface correctly.)

As for wheather you should buy it.... i'm probably not the one to ask. i haven't flown one, but all reports i could find state that nothing lands slower than a byron F-16 and that they are one of the best scale model trainers.

Thanks

Dave