RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 RC Formula 1 Cars...lets see'em
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 PM
mxrich

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/10 RC Formula 1 Cars...lets see'em

ORIGINAL: MLP F1

Sure SOLO www.mlpmotorsports.net

Well They ran the builders cup today down in the deep south and all I can tell you is They now know we didn't come to play! and they know we were there!
Hey gang! That is my MLP car in the pics with the banner. First, That is the V103. If you want the best this is it. That car was the fastest thing at the F1 cup race. It took the top spot in the heats and was pulling away every lap. It is the more budget priced car and I love it! One hundred percent traction everywhere on the track. I think it could out turn a slot car.

Now, before you ask no we did not win. It is a team race and as I entered the track for the main for some strange reason my radio would not turn on at all so there went the team points and any chance of victory. We found out later it had blown an internal fuse. The other driver though took off like a land missle and had just taken the lead to prove the cars worth. One lap later he was swiped by one of the Cross cars (not intentional) and put into the wall. After digging him out he took off again and drove like he was possesed. Until a Tamiya T-boned him in a tight turn. Even with handling problems he still threw down some fast laps to the end. A very good showing for a new car. Check it out... the heck with that, buy one!

The results

1st Team Alpha

2nd Team Cross

3rd Team Tamiya

4th Team MLP

5th 6th and 7th was kind of strange. The hyperdrive team ( defending champions) could not attend since the team Captain has been undergoing treatment for a back injury.

Team CRC was headed for the track when they had a breakdown and had to be towed back home. These guys were very serious about racing for the cup.

Team Associated had to bow out because one of the drivers, a good friend of ours. Had surgery on his wrist and had not healed enough to even hold his radio yet. All of them called to apoligize for missing the race but we understand . I have no doubt they will be at the 2009 event. These guys are F1 fans all the way.

Congradulations to Team Alpha! They drove a very smooth and calculated race and it paid off for them as the 2008 F1 Builders Cup Champions with Andy Wallace- team Captain, Skip Starkey-driver, Serdar Atymiz- driver. Good job