RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Summer Gyro meet
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Summer Gyro meet

And this From Gary Ten pass:

I am going to try this one more time, every time I try to post a reply on the forum, I get kicked off line. Tried to send you an e mail last night and got kicked off line three times, only partway i my e mail.
I have been to Mentone twice. If we call the top of the picture "North", I think that everytinng Nolrth of "L" would be off limits as the runway is busy most of the day. And I theink that there is a "NO FLY" zoneto the Northwest, because of chicken farmers. The no;rmal access to the camping/parking area is right about in the area of the arrow head for "K" . But this access has a dip in it, so the larger campers use a dirt road, just east of "A" , until they come to a dirt road on the south end of the camping/parking area, and anywhere along this road they can drive there big heavy rigs into the camping area, wich may leave ruts. I do know that there are electrical hookups on the West side of "O". When I look at the picture, and I see campers parked along the black line that marks the south side of area "O". So that might mean that there are electrical post in that area also. And area "O" is only about 1 1/2 to 2 times larger than the flying field at Muncie.
There event dosen't seem to sraw in two many spectastors, mostly die hard gyronuts, like ourselves.
But I think that the camping/parking area, is just a mowed farm file , and I don't think that it would be smooth enough for some of us to do a ROG takeoff. There facilities, for showers, are much like you would find in an under funded small high school gym class, built by non professionals. Because most of our group stay at motels, may not be a problem.
I could see a small group of us going there, to give a short demenstration, but I don't think that it would be a good idea to hold our event there. Going to send this now, before I dget kicked off line again.