RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
GATTUSO2170
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Ok guys im in need of some major help, I am running a new saito 180 in a twist 150.The engine mounts with the carb slightly higher then the center of the tank, almost at the top. It runs ok but I get typical surging because of the tank being off center so to solve the problem I installed a cline regulator which I have have major troubles with. After replacing the diaphragm and adjusting the arm up down and up down the only way I got it to run above half throttle was to have the arm so far up the needle doesn’t fully seat. Therefore poring fuel all over the place when not running. So today I called Jim cline and his advice was to set the regulator back to the way it came (arm even with the case) and open the low end needle so that the main needle will be able to let more fuel in. sounded great so I did. with the same outcome runs great up to half throttle and dies anywhere above. I have the low and high end cranked wide open. It is starving for fuel. If I restrict the exhaust building up more pressure in the tank it sees to help but this is not a good solution. The last bit of info is that the tank is right behind the engine. I am at wits end with this thing and would be greatly appreciative of some help. Thanks guys

Don