RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fliton Element Bipe 170
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Thinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Element Bipe 170

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Mike ... ever flown a F3A bipe? Anyone tried one? What is the difference? I am curious to know.
tIANci; I'm flying the ZN Suxess as a B-model to my ZN Oxalys.. The flight characteristics are way different! I do love to fly the Suxess, but it does have some strange "bipe-habits"!
At any time, I have 5 active mixes on the plane to make it track straight. For instance aileron to throttle mix (about 20%!). A lot of aileron to rudder mix etc. I have 4 servos on 4 serperate channels for the ailerons, so they take up a bit of mixing..
But once all the mixing is done, it is a lovely aircraft! It is SLOW and very graceful. Presents very well!
Most bipes do not like winds though.. And they are mainly designed around the F-programs and unknowns. (My experience comes purely from the Suxess..). Mine does not track as smooth as the Oxalys, but the rolls, snaps and spins are just amazing once everything is set up correctly.
I actually had my Suxess out for sale, but then took it for a couple of flights... That changed my mind

So I might not recommend a bipe as a beginner F3A, nor the only F3A model (Yes, please do arrest me here...). But they (at least mine) are great to fly and will open some eyes on the field! But do bear in mind that thay might be more than challenging in windy conditions.