RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 12x range issues
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: JR 12x range issues

I wonder why you chaps are putting anything over the antenna wires. I've never put anything over my remote rx aerials and never lost a frame (loggerchecked after every flight) on my Spektrums installed in two Bobcats and an L39., perhaps my ignorance is bliss. If you are worried about the internal metal of the aerial conacting something conductive why not just cover the ends of the wires with a tiny piece of heatshrink or perhaps a tiny blob of epoxy ? I see that Darryl mentioned that only ONE remote was connected to the main 1221 receiver but the manual (P1-16) clearly states that that at least TWO must be connected for the system to work, could that have been the real problem ?

Just received my two 12Xs. one on 2.4 the other on 36 Mhz PCM. Beautiful pieces of avionics and I'll do a range check tomorrow. but my Spektrum ranges are WAY over the 30 paces suggsted in the manual, more like 90.

The first 12x on 2.4 in a jet in Australia flew very frequently last weekend at Temora, Flash with JC 160, zero problems, like everyone else on 2.4, both Spektrum and FAAST mine will be airborne soon.

Regards, David Gladwin.