RCU Forums - View Single Post - help me help my son
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me help my son

Hello. I recently posed a question and was referred to you. I have a son that has been flying for about 3 years now and really shows a lot of talent. Just don't tell him I said that. My problem is he loves 3-D and although I like to watch him I know very little about this type of acrobatics. I want to get him something that will challenge him a little more and won't be devastating to my wallet. This type of flying seems to be a little more destructive than normal especially when learning. He had a plane called a Mo-Jo which would do about any-thing except pull out of that last flat-spin. The way it was made with the wing fixed and a carbon-fiber rod in the fuse made repair difficult. I'm looking for something in a 40-90 2 stroke sized that is not to hard re-build if, no,I mean when he has one of those un-scheduled one-point landings. I have a 33% caps but I really think it would be better for him to learn a little more on something a little cheaper and easier to repair but still do all those wacky low-level tricks he loves to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending the money on him. The flying field is 200% better than the streets for my 13 year old and his love for the hobby helps keep him on a a-b honor roll. But if I can do this for him as cheap as I can may-be I'll save enough for me to fly too! Any suggestions you would have for a good 3-D plane and set-up would be great.