RCU Forums - View Single Post - How does the economic situation affect the hobby?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Quicksilver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does the economic situation affect the hobby?

We all live above our means or at least live above what society says we live at. Basically a poor person now, is not the same as a poor person 10,20,100,1000 yrs ago. Since none of you know, our government considers me and my wife poor, yes poor. If I had a kid right now, I could be on welfare. However, I'm not and not close to it. It's this perception of what we think is poor and what is rich. I cant imagine having a $100million, well I can, but really what do you do with that? just buy more things you dont need. anyway, I'm not too scared, I'm on the bottom rung already, worst case senario I'll pack up our two cars with all the electronics I own, buy a generator and live in the woods. the acura would make a great tractor.

What this really is going to do in the long run saying we do get thrown into a depression, well China is next. Hopefully we can survive China and then we wont owe them money anymore..See it's a good thing. Hell, I wont have to live in a cave, once everyone gets kicked out of their homes, then I can buy the house for $50.

if you feel stupider after reading this, than you were thinking too hard.....we all just need to take it as it comes. Freaking out leads people to do crazy things like give a company $700billion that messed up. How about they bail out me. I'll take $700billion and I didnt even cause anyone to loose their homes, at least till you gave me $700 billion.