RCU Forums - View Single Post - Peppermint Pattie build
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Marian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peppermint Pattie build

Hello,

The only thing I have made is the space for muffler. I know that I move too slowly, but I enjoy a lot this plane. Turbo.gst: If you like PP, go for it. It is very nice design and the build can be a prety straight forward. It just me that I sometimes unnecessary complicate things. I mean belly wheel, cover of the fuel tank space, covering it in a traditional way (dope etc)

Rainedave, I am not sure if I understand what "un-dyed silk and clear dope" mean. But if it mean to not use colours for finish ... NO WAY. You do not know me ... I have five dioptries and I would hardly be alloved to pilot this fast plane eved if I paint it in fluorescent red and yellow :-)

Scott, it is good to know there is a cheap way how to send foam cores to Europe.

WEJD, I see that you are doing fantastic job not only as a modeller, but also as a father. Your words made me think about my relation with kids ... First I wanted to attract my son to the world of RC planes. Maybe it was too soon, but he did not liked the noice of glow engines. So I build electric plane. It was better, but I felt that he did not enjoy it. I realized that he is not interested in planes at all (The funny think on this is that his best friend is crazy about building planes since he visit my workshop ...) Anyway: I am trying to find some another activity how to spend time with my son. I do not want that his "best friend" would be Play Station.
He liked the boat a lot.
I like the idea of Doll House. Wow, yours is impressive. I think, that your daugter will remember it for the whole life. Could you give me links to the forus where I could find more info? How would you compare it to a build of RC plane: What is more complicated?

Marian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40305.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1044996