RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:11 AM
McChiken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

ORIGINAL: Rod Bender

Ya, I hear ya,

We just lost our oldest member a few months ago. CB was 83yrs young, and flew right up until his passing. Granted, he could only fly about 150yds, then handed the TX over to someone as he could not see the plane anymore. But, that 150yds kept him coming out around once a week, it was a pleasure to meet him. His AMA # was 4 digits !!!!! Greg
Hey Rod Bender , I was wondering if your from the Cameron Park Ace Hardware ? Ive shopped there a couple times for plane stuff .
I was reading about your friend CB that passed and your statement about the old being intimidated .

I was unable to fly at my club (SAM's) cause a pylon race was going on so I went to the Mather club . I met an older gent named , Rodger Grotheer . He must be somewhere between 70-80 years old . I found out he has a new sponsership with Airtronics while talkin to him . He was flying a Kadet Senior with his own designed "Barn Door Ailerons" . He was flying low and slow doing aerobatics that made my jaw drop . Found out later he was sponsered before for pylon racing . There are some old guys still out there that us young guns have nothing on . By the way , he did show me his AMA # and it was 4 digits too . Probly has an 8 digit SS # too .

If your from Sac area what club you fly at . Eldorado flyers?