RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need a new T-maxx engine, 2.5R or 3.3? or Sportwerks .26 V2
Old 10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a new T-maxx engine, 2.5R or 3.3?

Well, its got the old narrow arms, and I plan to upgrade to the widemaxx arms (RPM) Will the original (non-widemaxx) driveshafts work with the wider arms? Because if not Ill have to uprgade those too.... Do the driveshafts for the 3.3 cost much more than the ones for the 2.5r?

As for what I plan to do, just bashing... The other tmaxx has a hyper .21 in it. They will be bashing together (not each other ).... but i dont neccissarily need the new engine to keep up with the .21....

Basicaly, I want to do this as cheaply as possible, but if the 3.3 will work without a bunch of modifications and extra parts, i'd rather go with that.... New driveshafts I can handle, I can get the t-maxx 3.3 shafts off ebay for $20, but I want this truck to be reliable, so if the 3.3 is going to be breaking expensive parts, I'll go with the 2.5..... Other than the driveshafts, what else is beefier on the 3.3 than the 2.5?

Oh yea, and the chassis I will be using is an extended chassis.... The stock one was broken, and a buddy gave me one, thats about 1.75" longer than the stock one...