View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 01:08 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Area 51 engines

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

Joe - good looking install!!
Surprised to see you using the standard short "arm" that is on the throttle shaft.

I have always found that short one to be far too sensitive to movements for my taste. Over the engines I've done, I've come to appreciate the 3/4" arm (Hitec Blue aluminum) distance on both the servo arm and the throttle shaft. That usually permits +- 90 ATV on my JR, if I do one end at 5/8", it's 100/100, stop to stop. I do that because it gives me much finer control of the bottom of the carb movement where a click is way too much. Plus, better control of the idle using the trim lever.

That is a good looking installation, for sure!
Thanks Bob. I tried to put on the blue hitec arm but as Milton said some people's screws are breaking off and mine did. But the arm still stays on from some weird rivot or something. So I just used the short arm as I had no choice. I'll probably ship it back to Milton this winter and have him fix it so I can put another arm on it.

I drilled a new hole on the servo arm very close to the servo shaft and it actually works pretty well.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51503.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1046361