RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-Maxx Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:51 AM
BigBrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-Maxx Thread

One use the hpi savage converson two Dremel the heck out of your arms!!!!! I can honestly say I thought that it would weaken them but boy was i wrong !! I have hit some major air with the truck and NO problems yet knock on old woody!!
I can suggest to switch to integy or acnc bulkheads they are much beefier than the stock and will not alow the flex stress that you get out of the stock ones . Oh and I am working on a set of alum arms for the truck that would be custom cut just for the shocks , with multiple shock positions .

The one thing I am leaning towards is going brushless . I am running stock motors and have been playing around with spurs and pins trying to see what is the best combo. This is being I took a old tranny from first generation emaxx and put it in the truck for haveing two gears . I like haveing the low high . let me tell you guys IT DOES FIT ! But bear this I have blow two diffs with the truck in low gear pulling our sled ! So I have gone and bought like four or five extra diffs to drop in just for emergencys and then fix the bad ones.

Now I just need to figure out how to lock the diffs so there is NO LIMITED SLIP. I want both tires to pull equally . anyone have a full step by step on this one .

again guys this was a idea that is not all that hard since we do it on the savages ."LST Shocks Conversion"

Take care all
BigBrett