RCU Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts after reading JR 12X manual
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Your thoughts after reading JR 12X manual

John,

My experience with the 12X battery is similar to yours. I sent both the battery and the charger back to Horizon. They returned it with the comment there was nothing wrong with either item.

It seems that the battery only marginally has a 2000mAh capacity. It has to be discharged down to 0.9v per cell immediately after the charge cycle. The included charger has a rate of 250mA. It raises the battery temperature to more than 120 degrees F by the end of the charge cycle. I was able to get the rated capacity by putting it on a 200mA constant current charger for 24 hours. At 200mA the battery temperature remains reasonable.

My impression is that the 12X inherently consumes more current than the 9303, especially if the screen is back lit. While the present battery meets my needs, I would welcome a 2500mAh battery.

Concerning the throttle tension adjustment screw, it is hidden under the flap next to the module (on the MV or where the module would be on the 2.4) I understand the 10X had the same error in the instructions.

Allan