RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sounds like a BAD deal to me......
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

I listed a JetCat TITAN SE on here a few days ago and I need some info from a few of you guys. I just accepted a guy's offer from Indonesia yesterday but the more I speak with the guy via email and phone things just dont feel right. At first, this guy wants me to convert the TITAN to Kero start and I explain to him 80 times that HE can do that on his own and I am not converting it to Kero Start for the price I listed. After awhile he accepts the fact that it is propane start and he will convert it on his own when he receives it. He then wants to use PayPal and I accept at the 3% additional fee but then goes to tell me that he can only deposit $500.00 per day max and at this rate it will take a week to receive all funds $3,400.00 total with shipping to Indonesia. I thought this was strange since I have done many sales with PayPal and I always receive my money in full with no problems. I have sold several large items on RCU this week with no problems and those sales went fine just as all have done throughout the past years here. After explaining to me on the phone that he can only deposit $500 per day via PayPal he aks me where he can find a 600 pound turbine for a "special" UAV project that he is doing. I told him that I only fly R/C Jets and not UAVs. He then goes to ask me if I knew ANYONE that has a 300-600 pound turbine because it is VERY important to get a turbine this size. I the tell him that I have NO IDEA and dont fly turbines this size. I then ask him if he has ever flown an R/C Jet before and he says "NO" but he has run and old RAM 1000 with no problems on a bench and this TITAN is for a friend and his project and it's important that it be KERO start only for this UAV project they are doing. He then laughs at me and says that I am not helping him the way he was expecting me to. I told him that he would need to find someone else to buy a turbine from because I can no longer help him. He says that he insists on buying this JetCat TITAN from me and he still wants it.

Later last night he emails me and says that he works for the Indonesian Cybercrime Task Force and he was just seeing if I was a reputable person and that was why he was asking me these particular questions on the phone. I just sent him and email and said I wasnt interested untiL I can verify that he is a Policeman as he states he is. I have since re-listed my TITAN on here. Am I worrying about nothing or is this something to be concerened about? I am not worried about the money situation because I wouldnt ship anything until I received all the funds. My concern is this guy doing something bad with the turbine I sold him overseas. Im sorry but in this day and age I feel that it is necessary to be worried about these kind of things. I have sold over 100 items on RCU including about 15 turbines but I have never shipped one overseas. I have yet to receive any money via PayPal from this guy and I told him in my last email NOT to send me anymoney as of yet. Am I worried about nothing?