RCU Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty trimming for yaw with a CX2.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Terbough Bob
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulty trimming for yaw with a CX2.

OK, so I'm not one to just go post on a board about a problem, as evidenced by my post per day count here, but this is just flat out driving me nuts...

I can't get the damn thing to trim out in the yaw axis. I followed the directions in the manual as well as Solo's Wikifaq: http://www.heli-wiki.com/mediawiki/i..._and_CX2_Setup And it continuously yaws to the right. I've played with the mixer, put new rotor blades on it, balanced everything, and have rebound the tx and rx several times.

Nothing.

Nothing changes, not even when I turn the mixer full counterclockwise or clockwise; it's the same thing all the time. While I fly, I have to constantly feed in left yaw, which I guess is suppose to simulate having to keep a foot on the left anti torque pedal in the real thing? But I thought these things were hands off, set the transmitter down and marvel at the stability? Also, I find that some times it'll yaw right even with full left stick and will only come left after I bring the stick back to neutral, let it spin around to the right a bit and then feed in some left stick.

Everything else is fine- no bent shafts or flybar, cyclic roll and pitch respond and trim out fine, and the gyro works as it should. I've done everything I can think short of trimming a bit off the top blades to reduce torque going to them even more.

Do I have a dud, or is this a common problem to which I'm overlooking the solution?