RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why do YOU like rc planes?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why do YOU like rc planes?

I was a nerd , RC planes made me cool with the chicks
Ok , I am still a nerd , but the women love me !!! at leaste two , my wife and mom lol

No in reality , I remember building a Gulliow Arrow rubber flying model .I was 8 , my dad would buy me models hopeing to fule my enginering desires .
I build all types then at 19 I build a HalDebolt Live wire with my dad (who did the covering) I remember being amazed watching the controld move in our kitchen with no wires attached to the plane 1984 .
My dad bought me a three channel futaba to fly the plane , we could not afford a 4 channel .I still have the medal box radio in mint condition still functions perfactly (i dont fly with it ) .
I remember rideing my bike to the field watching planes fly and I was amazed at everything the cool covering vs what I used on stick model , the fact that planes had hatches that were screwed in and could be removed , big wheels with silver shiney hubs ect ect .

I could not wait until the day when I could go to this levle of RC . So after having kids , I started to build once again , and at 48 I fly about once a month because of my involvement with my kids sports , but happy and sad I will soon have way more time to enjoy this great hobby that is very rewarding and brings all great memories to those who play in the short grass