RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vectorflight 540
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 04:06 PM
Calflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vectorflight 540

Totally agree. Honest to goodness quality and no frills is what I would call them. Their customer service is very good and usually replied within hours. I love their design philosophy which obviously prefers functionality and strength. BTW polycarb or PET is heads and shoulders different and much stronger than ABS. There is NO comparison betwee these two plastics. My cowls from the other two airplanes from vectorflight have been great and in fact better than many fiberglass ones I have had, inluding recently from a Kyosho Sukhoi which was brittle and micro cracking just by handling. Some others weighed like a brick. Sure they could use some glass wheel pants and belly pan, but I suppose unless you are making them in China, it makes sense to stay away from labor intensive parts, as these airplanes are made in North America. All in all it seems that this company does not just follow the trend blindly, as would seem from the wing attaching setup, but actually does what it thinks makes good engineering sense. And is doing so at a price that is absolutely incredible. If you look at the many other similar airplanes, their Edge, a steal at $149, saved me enough money to buy a 60 2 stroke for another airplane, lol. And the quality I got was unsurpassed. I would get it before they smartened up to more realistic prices, cause I cant see how anyone could be making any profit at these prices.