RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vectorflight 540
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 03:02 PM
David Cutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vectorflight 540

Originally posted by David_Moen
David C.

How would you compare the Graupner Extra and the VF plane? The published weight for the Graupner seems very low - 90 oz I think...is that what you've found in reality?
Hi David,

This is an interesting comparison, as it compares two great models that have completely different design philosophies.

You may have read about the vital need to fit tail strengthening wires in the Graupner? Well, I can vouch for that! The whole plane is of top quality, with no wrinkles, and everything fitting extremely well, but it looks like it aims to be pretty as opposed to a good bit of engineering.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Grauopner Extra to anybody, as it's a pleasure to assemble, and flies really great.

The Vectorflight Edge, however, is one mean bit of engineering! No compromising strength and straightness for prettiness here! It is a superb bit of thoughtful engineering all round.

Judging by calflyer's message, it looks like this has translated into a really great flying machine too!

Sooo, it depends what you are looking for. I personally like the idea of the designers being a little quirky, as that proves they have put some thought into it. The Grapuner, however, is a very good example of what an imported plane should be, and is way up there with the best.

Hope that helped!

David C.